What to Expect (Reopening 2020)
Making the theater-going experience as safe and comfortable as possible.
We’ve missed you! The Grand Oshkosh is scheduled for a soft reopening on September 12, 2020.
Our goal is to give you a sense of safety and well-being as you return to The Grand. Here are the guidelines we are following as we welcome you back to our historic theater. Please read them thoroughly so we are all on the same page.
At a Performance
- Seating capacity will be reduced from 554 to 223, keeping a minimum of 6 feet between occupied seats. Groups of two, three, and four seats will be spaced throughout the theater.
- Face masks will be required for staff and volunteers.
- Face masks will be mandatory for patrons in high traffic areas. Once you are seated, you can remove your mask to enjoy a beverage. If needed, masks will be available onsite. (Free-will donation optional to cover costs)
- Prior to every performance, Grand employees and volunteers will undergo health screenings, including temperature checks.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the building.
- A methodical cleaning process will occur between every show. The auditorium and other public spaces will be sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer.
- Instead of tearing your ticket, ushers will mark them with a writing utensil to reduce contact.
- Instead of paper programs, digital playbills will be available on your mobile device.
- The box office will reopen on Monday, July 6.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. At each performance, the box office will be open for will-call only. (No walk-up sales). The box office phone order fee will be waivedto accommodatethis change. (Save 15% with the early bird discount through Labor Day Weekend!)
- Partitions will be installed between each box office window.
- While cash will be accepted, we urge you to use low-contact payment options including credit and debit cards. You will be able to swipe your own card at the box office.
- A methodical cleaning process will occur between every transaction at the box office.
- The main lobby door will act as an entrance for main floor seating.
- The auxiliary door (by our usual coat check) will act as an entrance for balcony seating.
- Volunteers will assist patrons that need to go back to the lobby.
- Elevator use should be limited to one household at a time to maintain a physical distance between patrons. The stairwell to The Grand Lounge will be open.
- After each performance, both lobby doors will act as exits. The Grand Lounge and historic lobby doors will also be available as exits.
- Interior doors will be propped open wherever possible.
- High contact areas, like coat check and drinking fountains, will be unavailable for use.
- For now, there will not be artist meet and greets or merchandise in the lobby. We will direct you to online opportunities to buy merchandise.
- Bartenders will be required to wear masks and undergo health screenings, including temperature checks, before each shift.
- At the bars, one staff member will handle transactions. Another will serve the items to avoid cross-contamination. There will also be separate order and pick-up areas to control traffic flow.
- While cash will be accepted, we urge you to use low-contact payment options including credit and debit cards.
- The menu will be limited topremixed/single-serve cocktails, beer, and wine.
- All drinkware will be disposable.
- Tables and chairs will be removed as necessary in The Grand Lounge to encourage physical distancing.
- Restrooms will be cleaned frequently following current health code recommendations. For transparency, we will display a cleaning log in each restroom.
Play Your Part
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home.
- Please be considerate of other patrons and maintain a physical distance while waiting in line for the box office, auditorium, restrooms, or concessions.
- Please dispose of any trash upon exiting the theater. Thank you for this consideration of our staff and volunteers!
Many 2020-2021 season events will also be available to stream from home. Stay tuned on how to purchase a virtual ticket!
Thank you for your continued support of The Grand Oshkosh. We look forward to welcoming you back for the 2020-21 season.